The Linked TEI: Text Encoding in the Web
2013 Annual Conference and Members’ Meeting of the TEI Consortium
2-5 October 2013
Università La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
- Deadline for submissions: 7 April, 2013
- Workshop dates (tentative): 30 September – 2 October 2012 (see separate call)
The Programme Committee of the 2013 Annual Conference and Members Meeting of the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI – http://www.tei-c.org) Consortium invites individual paper proposals, panel sessions, poster sessions, and tool demonstrations particularly, but not exclusively, on the theme, broadly conceived, The Linked TEI: Text Encoding in the Web.
Topics might include but are not restricted to:
- TEI Conceptual Model
- TEI and semantic features
- TEI and formal ontologies
- TEI and semantic annotation
- TEI and the Semantic Web
- TEI schemas
- Culture and scholarship
- TEI in different linguistic and cultural traditions
- TEI in libraries, archives and museums
- TEI and critical editing/text analysis/text corpora
- TEI and digital collections
- TEI and mass digitisation
- TEI and user studies
- TEI Processing Model
- TEI tools (for analysis and publication) and infrastructures
- TEI and interchange
- Interoperability and integration with other technologies and standards
- TEI and visualisation
- The future of the TEI
- Community and outreach
- Intellectual and technical challenges
- Social structure, sustainability and financial model
Individual paper presentations will be allocated 30 minutes: 20 minutes for delivery, and 10 minutes for questions & answers.
Panel sessions will be allocated 1.5 hours and may be of varied formats, including:
- three paper-panels: 3 papers on the same or related topics
- round table discussion: 5-8 presenters on a single theme. Ample time should be left for questions & answers after brief optional presentations.
Posters (including tool demonstrations) will be presented during the poster session. The local organizer will provide flip charts and tables for poster session/tool demonstration presenters, along with wireless internet access. Each poster presenter is expected to participate in a slam immediately preceding the poster session.
Proposal can be submitted on-line via Conftool interface. You can upload your abstracts of papers, posters and round tables here: https://www.conftool.net/tei2013/. Please submit your proposals by March 30, 2013. If you don’t have already one, you will need to create an account (i.e., username and password) in order to file a submission. For each submission, you may upload files to the system after you have completed filling out demographic data and the abstract.
Individual paper or poster proposals (including tool demonstrations): Supporting materials (including graphics, multimedia, etc., or even a copy of the complete paper) may be uploaded after the initial abstract is submitted. Submission should be made in the form of an abstract of 750-1500 words (plus bibliography).
- Panel sessions (three paper panels): The panel organizer submits a proposal for the entire session, containing a 500-word introduction explaining the overarching theme and rationale for the inclusion of the papers, together with a 750-1500 words section for each panel member.
Panel sessions (round table discussion): The panel organizer submits a proposal of 750-1500 words describing the rationale for the discussion and includes the list of panelists. Panelists need to be contacted by the panel organizer and have expressed their willingness in participation before submission.
All proposals will be reviewed by the program committee and selected external reviewers.
Those interested in holding working paper sessions outside the meeting session tracks should contact the meeting organizers at email@example.com to schedule a room.
Please send queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference submissions will be considered for conference proceedings, edited as a special issue of the Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative. Further details on the submission process will be forthcoming.
For the Programme Committee
2013 TEI Conference and Members Meeting Programme Committee:
Arianna Ciula (chair)