The Linked TEI: Text Encoding in the Web
2013 Annual Conference and Members’ Meeting of the TEI Consortium
2-5 October 2013
Università La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
- Deadline for submissions: 7 April, 2013
- Workshop dates: 30 September – 2 October 2012
The Programme Committee of the 2013 Annual Conference and Members’ Meeting of the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI – http://www.tei-c.org) Consortium invites to submit proposals for educational tutorials or workshops to precede the conference.
The goal of the tutorials is to give an opportunity to learn more about the use of TEI markup under the guidance of experienced instructors and practitioners, whereas workshops are an opportunity for specific groups to meet and work together on a TEI related subject.
Workshops and tutorials range in length from a single morning or afternoon to a maximum of two days. Tutorials are run on a cost-recovery basis: participants are charged with a separate fee that is intended to cover the costs of the tutorial. Workshops are expected to be free of charges.
If you are interested in proposing either a workshop or a tutorial for the 2013 Members’ Meeting and Conference, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible and submit your proposal before 30 March 2013 via Conftool Web interface, available at https://www.conftool.net/tei2013/. Expressions of interest should include as much as possible of the following information (the committee is willing to work with proposers in developing their proposals):
- Rationale explaining why this topic is likely to draw sufficient attention of the TEI community
- Length of the event
- Infrastructural requirements
- (In case of a tutorial)
- Proposed instructor or slate of instructors including a brief discussion of relevant experience
- Preliminary budget of your anticipated costs (if any)
- (In case of a workshop)
- Core list of people who are likely to participate, keeping in mind that workshops are by essence open for participation
- Organisational and infrastructure costs (e.g. coffee breaks and so on) will be determined later in conjunction with the local organising committee
Tutorial proposals will be evaluated by the programme committee primarily on the basis of their likely appeal to the TEI community, the quality of the proposed instructors and method of instruction, and costs.
Please send queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the Programme Committee
2013 TEI Conference and Members Meeting Programme Committee:
Arianna Ciula (chair)